Morson Group (Accountancy and Finance Division) We are currently assisting with our clients recruitment for an Operations Accountant. The position is based at their facility in The West Midlands (Birmingham).
You would be working for a globally renowned engineering company.
* Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation and Group Accounting Policies.
* Review costs against budget and forecast to ensure that reasons for variances are understood by the business.
* Provide accurate and timely financial reports to all levels of management and to assist in production of annual budgets.
* Deputise for Financial Controller
* Working with teams across the business for the analysis and collection of costing data to compile an accurate standard cost for all programmes
* Ensuring best practice and operational procedures adhered to in the business to enable accurate point of entry costing data
* Preparing reports comparing standard costs to actual costs, variance analysis, overhead apportionment and labour analysis
* Review and maintaining standard costs in information (ERP system)
* Monitor PO accuracy, forecast cost v actual
* WIP and inventory valuation
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Generation of monthly reports - including submission of accounts in Hyperion
* Programme forecasts & budgets
* Monthly VAT and Intrastat submissions
* Aid systems and reporting improvements
* Ad hoc projects
* Experience of Manufacturing or Distribution Environment
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills a team player
* Product Costing Experience
* Business Unit Financial Reporting
Qualified Accountant, CIMA or ACCA
* Project Management
* Communication - Written, Visual and Oral.
* Able to demonstrate Personal Resilience at all times and a high level of personal integrity.
* IT Skills - Financial Management Systems, MS Office - Advanced Excel.
* Team Leadership - Including performance management and expectations setting.