Are you a Conference Producer looking for your next role, with the opportunity to develop a new range of events and start to grow a new team, all with one of the biggest and most respected brands in the sector?
FTA is one of the biggest business organisations in the UK, supporting, shaping and standing up for efficient logistics. We are the only organisation that represents all of logistics, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers whose businesses depend on the efficient movement of goods.
An effective supply chain is vital to Keep Britain Trading, directly impacting over 8 million people employed in making, selling and moving the goods that affect everyone everywhere.
With Brexit, technology and other disruptive forces driving changes in the way goods move across borders and through the supply chain, logistics has never been more important to UK PLC. These are all massive issues for the sector and for the UK, and we need a Conference Producer to help spark the debate!
This is an amazing opportunity to join our major events and marketing team with the brief to develop FTAs issues driven one day conferences.
- Research - leverage your network, our internal experts and your knowledge to spot and develop new opportunities for issues driven events.
- Copy writing - excellent communicator with a flair for persuasive marketing
- Speaker acquisition - identifying, contacting and persuading high level speakers to speak at your events, briefing them on content requirements and reviewing and approving their presentations
- Project management - driving project progress to ensure on time and on budget delivery through effective time, risk and team management
- Delivery - leading the on the day delivery of your events
- Relationship management - managing and growing your network with experts, keeping your finger on the pulse to ensure a constant flow of great event ideas and top class speakers.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Previous experience within a commercial conference role
- Some knowledge or interest in Transport, Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Retail would be advantageous although is not essential
- Ability to switch between analytical and creative thinking
- Clear communication, able to inform and influence in both written and verbal form
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage and influence stakeholders at the most senior levels
- Ambitious, a drive to be successful
- Creative, constant flow of ideas to support new themes and events
Given that much of this role is phone and web based, we would be happy to consider a blend of office and home working.
This really is an incredible opportunity to spearhead and grow a new conferences business within a successful Marketing and Events team - with the backing of a hugely trusted and respected brand.