Constructions Solicitor 2 PQE
Our Client is a Top UK law firm. They are looking for one or more construction specialist lawyers to join the team. This is a further strategic appointment to continue the team's development.
In this role you will contribute to the firm's knowledge and expertise in the construction sector and with your experience, contribute to the growth of the firm's construction practice.
You will be encouraged to assist in business development in order to help achieve the aspirations of the Firm to grow within in construction and the sectors in which it operates
They are looking for:
• respectively a minimum of 2 years and 5 years construction experience.
• a sound academic background with experience from a recognised firm.
• enthusiasm for working within the construction sector.
• a commitment to developing the construction and the firm's wider practice.
• highly motivated and innovative with a positive attitude.
• able to contribute to a wide variety of tasks.
• self -confident with initiative to manage own case load.
• commercially aware and focused on client service/business development.
• able to work with and take direction from partners within the group.
• able to communicate easily at all levels within the group.
Projects Infrastructure & Construction team provides a comprehensive service to a wide ranging client base which includes property developers, contractors & consultants, investors, multi-nationals and public sector organisations.
The team acts for a range of clients on contentious and non-contentious issues in all sides of the industry on both transactional and disputes work, including:
• Building and engineering contracts and related agreements for employer and contractor clients including commercial D&B schemes for developers and end user facilities;
• EPC energy projects of various technologies (wind, solar, biomass etc) and scales;
• Term contracts in the maintenance sector for maintenance/services contractors;
• Public procurements for central and local Government including a national scale and overseas projects;
• Consultants’ conditions of appointment, collateral warranties and related documents including one of the country's leading consultancies;
• Construction disputes and their resolution - whether by litigation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation or negotiation.