Supportability Engineer (ILS)
They are the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD are seeking a ILS Engineer to be part of all supportability aspects within the S3 (UK) (Support and Services Solutions) business.
The ILS engineer will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that the support approach on our programmes, both current and future are fully understood and are consistent with our high standards and provides what our customers need.
Location: The S3 team is geographically dispersed so you can be based in or around their offices in Luton/Southampton/Bristol or Basildon;
The ILS Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carrying out SEI capability within S3 as directed by SEI Manager. Ensuring that the current capability meets the program needs and delivering the future capability required by the business.
- Working with the SEI Manager to continuously improve programme performance and identify future opportunities.
- Together with the S3 Manager, demonstrate to the wider S3 audience, both within the company and to the wider support forums, the capability which shows why S3 should be continually looked upon as subject matter experts in the field. The wider strategy being to attract support business from both internal and external customers.
- Negotiating with supplier and partners to enhance our capability
- Negotiating with customers to ensure that we understand their needs and address them
- Supporting bid submissions - both technical input and review.
- Adhering to and helping to enhance the SEI process within S3 - tailoring the company process to meet the S3 needs.
- Ensuring that the correct tools are available within S3 to enable us to meet our commitments efficiently.
- Providing technical guidance as an ILS expert.
- Should be familiar with Def. Stan. 0600 and the Defence Logistics Framework.
- Be familiar with use of AR&M tools within the company, including DRACAS, FMECA & RCM
- Attend Programme Design Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
- Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work.