Infrastructure Project Manager
Are you an Infrastructure Project Manager who is fab at getting the job done!? Who has a passion for TV/music/media?
Then I have the perfect role for you where you will change the way the UK public experiences music and media.
As our Infrastructure Project Manager you will be in charge of delivering on multiple Infrastructure and IT property projects, directly related to supporting our broadcasting. You will have total autonomy over how you manage your projects and work alongside two other Project Managers and the Head of Projects.
There are so many projects you can get involved with! We have an annual £8-10m CAPEX Programme with projects ranging from £50-60k to £1.2m, so you will never be short of work in the pipeline.
For example, some of the recent project include a Windows 10 rollout across 1000 machines, refit/updates of offices, networking, hardware and software updates, SAN replacement, IT security updates etc.
There are many moving parts that you will need to coordinate as our Infrastructure Project Manager to ensure a 24/7 environment runs smoothly.
To succeed, you will need:
- Experience as a Project Manager on Infrastructure/IT property projects: any IT-related projects will be useful, but specific knowledge around how to deliver IT refresh/decommission or refurbishment projects (and the related IT management of those) will allow you to hit the ground running here!
- Initiative: proven track record of driving the end to end delivery of projects on time and on budget, in the role of a Project Manager. You are not someone to wait around for things to just happen.
- Coordination of internal and 3rd party stakeholders: you will have no issue conversing, coordinating and organising multiple internal teams, as well as external 3rd party vendors.
- Problem solver: you are organised and never panic under pressure if things aren't going perfectly on a project - instead you identify the issue and take steps towards solving it in a timely manner.
- Communication: in this fast paced role you will liaise with people from all areas and levels of the business as well as external teams of contractors, consultants and suppliers.
What you will gain:
- The scope for learning in this role is massive! There's tonnes of knowledge that our Head of Projects can impart onto you: experience in all areas of complex budget management, multi-vendor delivery - you will naturally learn a lot from him.
- There will be the chance to take on bigger and more complex projects as your knowledge of the business grows, with the potential to manage a portfolio/programme in the next 3-6 months.
- There is constant variety in the role - there's always new initiatives. (And healthy budgets for all of them too - we like having the best.)
We will give you autonomy and responsibility, but we're also a very collaborative team so you won't be lacking in support (not just from the Project Management team but from Engineering, Support, Customer Success etc).
Finally, you get to work in a really fun buzzing environment for one of the biggest and most recognizable Media brands in the UK. You will definitely end up bumping into quite a few famous people :)
Does this sound awesome to you?Click the apply button now!
Talent Point is a Hiring Communications business, working as sole hiring partners with our customer. We've ripped up the rules and torn apart the job spec to give you total clarity and visibility, painting a vivid picture (approved twice, both at Line and C-level) of the way this company lives, breathes and behaves, and how your role will look over years not months. We present only three applicants for every vacancy so, where we do represent you, you have a very high chance of securing a role with pre-booked interview times to plan around, in-depth vacancy details and no delays. Are you ready to seriously invest in your progression? Let's design your future.
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law.