Finance Analyst (Fast Growing E-commerce business)
Are you looking for a new exciting challenge in an excellent trendsetting business?
This is a brand-new role and is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career by working for one of the UK's fastest growing online retailers. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the ideal candidate should have an inquisitive mind and enjoy digging into the data to figure out what is driving financial and operational performance. This role requires strong analytical and numeracy skills and experience of both working with large data sets and presenting key findings clearly. The Business Analyst will work across departments to recommend solutions to any problems identified.
As part of the role, the Business Analyst will be responsible for preparation of budgets and business plans as well and will be expected to assist the team with monthly and annual reporting. The role requires excellent working knowledge of accounting concepts and experience in accounts preparation or financial planning.
- Ownership of budget and business plan preparation;
- Monthly financial and operational forecasting;
- Assisting the Finance Team with preparation of monthly financial accounts;
- Developing and streamlining templates used for financial and key performance indicator reporting;
- Assisting with annual internal/external audit;
- Analysing financial and operational performance;
- Carrying out ad hoc analyses in areas such as performance by product or geographical territory, inventory planning, profitability trends, the impact of retail price or cost changes.
- Providing cover for Head of Finance.
Essential Attitudes and Capabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent numeracy skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience in financial modelling & forecasting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts desirable but not essential