Buyer - Indirect Categories
Macildowie Procurement and Supply Chain are pleased to be working with this Milton Keynes based client as they seek to recruit a Buyer for their indirects buying team.
This really is an exceptional opportunity, and one that is rarely available in the Milton Keynes market.
So what are they looking for? Put simply, they're looking for the best and brightest. So if you feel that your enthusiasm and commitment to your chosen profession is not being matched by your current employer, this might be the one role worth chasing.
They are a global leader in their field, and as such you will be working in a fast paced, stimulating, and rewarding environment.
You'll be procuring a wide range of products and services with a degree of autonomy that will allow you to fully leverage your existing purchasing expertise. At the same time you'll be working alongside a group of talented procurement professionals who will collectively support and mentor you with a view to further expanding your knowledge and skills.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Understand the needs of internal customers and wider business impact to confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities, ensuring that the company is kept up to date on market place commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers.
- Evaluate cost data, work diligently to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Quickly assimilate supplier and company processes in order to positively impact purchasing performance.
- Understand and apply purchasing tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance to support project deliverables.
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business 'Best Practice' initiatives.
- Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Lead and promote good supplier relationships.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous purchasing and contract negotiation experience.
- Understanding of the strategic role of the purchasing function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full driving licence and a willingness to travel where and when required.
If you're looking for an opportunity to take the next step in your purchasing career with a well respected and highly successful leading global business, please do get in touch.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.