Senior Digital Test Analyst
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
Leading testing in product and project development teams, to ensure the delivery of high quality software across the L&G Group. Driving overall quality improvements to our websites and digital applications. You will help coach the team and stakeholders to improve the way they work and keep quality at the forefront of everything we do.
- Leading testing in a product or project development team (7-15 people with a £2 - 4m cost per year) using different techniques and tools.
- Working in the development team to devise, plan and document tests to mitigate risk and protect the quality of our deliverables.
- Communicating the findings of your work in a considerate and actionable way to help the team improve their products. Managing any conflict that arises.
- Leading and providing effective communication to your team, the Portfolio QA Manager and other stakeholders interested in your work to ensure effective decision making and integration.
- Developing test principles with the Portfolio QA Manager to help provide a good outcome to customers whilst ensuring we meet audit requirements and commercial interests. Challenging and improving these processes where you see opportunity.
- You will be instrumental in supporting the development team understand and shape business requirements to help ensure alignment and a shared understanding.
- Coordinating testing with other test teams and interested parties to help ensure the successful delivery of work into different governance and delivery models.
- Provide line-management, professional guidance, plan, and coordinate development and coaching for a team of 1-5 Digital Test Analysts, managing the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Skills Required
Good understanding of SDLC, role of QA in the end to end lifecycle and automated QA processes in agile environments
Experience wirting test strategies and developing QA vision
• Experience of tools commonly used in Agile environment JIRA / Confluence
• Testing applications deployed on cloud environments such as AWS
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
• Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail
• Confident working with ambiguity
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience managing junior test analysts
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.