Venn Group are currently recruiting on behalf of one of their Manchester based clients for an experienced Credit Controller to join the team on a permanent basis:
- To contact customers by phone and email to obtain an accurate meter reading
- To contact customers by phone, email and letter to collect outstanding payments and obtain accurate payment dates.
- To measure and increase the volume of accurate meter readings obtained, specifically looking at opportunities to automate/streamline the collection process.
- To reduce the monthly overdue ledger and minimise the bad debt write offs.
- To record promises to pay and follow up to ensure payment are made at the time promised.
- Maintain unallocated cash to an acceptable level, including allocating cash from the bank statement on a daily basis
- Capture details of disputed invoices, record the query details and either personally deal with the query or pass on to the relevant colleague for resolution, ensuring regular follow up to close the query out.
- Ensure that all internal and external customer relationships are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner, always adopting the "right first time" attitude.
- Liaising with the Account Manager regarding overdue debt and escalating where appropriate.
- Produce timely and accurate reporting for management review (strong excel skills a pre-requisite)
- To be a flexible team player, with a "can do" approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office suite
- Experience of working on accounting systems
- Experience of working in a similar finance related role
- Comfortable in communication to all levels of the business
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workload according to business needs
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting software
Please contact Hayley Stanier or Jonathan Kerr on , alternatively via email: