Assistant Group Management Accountant - Part Qualified
Reference Number PPG-667
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Group Shared Financial Service Accounting Function based at the Port of Liverpool.
Role Purpose: To support operational and financial management through reporting, forecasting, analysis and management of financial performance, whilst looking to drive continuous improvement.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts, forecasting and budgets
- Support departmental managers in managing their financial budgets
- Provide input which will aid in improving and developing the quality and timeliness of financial information throughout the business
- Support operational teams in producing periodic financial reports and associated financial analysis; exception reporting, reporting trends and key performance indicators
- Improve and develop the quality and efficiency of financial/management information required throughout the business
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- CIMA Operational Level completed and intention to attain full CIMA qualification, study support available to progress to full qualification
- Experience of the manufacturing or logistics sector would be advantageous
- A team player, with ability to communicate financial matters clearly and confidently to varying stakeholders
- Able to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively, adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
- Proven accounting experience covering: accounts payable; accounts receivable; general ledger; cash and bank; fixed assets; VAT
- A full valid Driving Licence would be desirable
Salary and Benefits
In return you will receive:
-25 days of annual leave
-Company Pension with matching contributions of up to 10%
-Development through training
-Attractive salary sacrifice schemes for new car, bike, iPad, etc.
-Discounted Cinema Tickets
-Childcare Voucher Scheme
Peel Ports is More than Ports. It's a unique network that connects everything from ports and terminals, shipping lines, fabrications and repair operations.
It's a network that we're constantly developing and growing. With our strategically located ports across the UK, we are able to offer unique logistics solutions for our container and unitised customers and link seamlessly with our RoRo and LoLo connections. Everything Peel Ports does is designed to bring added value to every service we offer our clients.
Our core values are Personal Responsibility, Integrity and Honesty, Strive for Excellence, Heartfelt Customer Service, One team.
Peel Ports is committed to a workplace free from harm. Our Safety365 strategy helps deliver the highest health and safety standards.