A successful engineering business are recruiting a Commodity Buyer. Applicants need procurement experience within manufacturing or engineering, and ideally be familiar with a mechanical supply chain.
The Commodity Buyer will work within a forward-thinking, strategic and category focused procurement team. The Commodity Buyer will be responsible for developing and executing procurement strategy across mechanical (castings, extrusions, milled, turned and machined parts) commodities. Investigating new UK and European sources of supply, and driving cross-functional vendor management will be the crux of the role. The Commodity Buyer will work closely with colleagues in both engineering, and procurement.
Specific duties of the Commodity Buyer include:
- Develop procurement commodity strategy across mechanical areas of spend
- Supplier governance, performance and development activities
- Market intelligence, benchmarking activities and market trend analysis
- Identify areas of cost down opportunity within the mechanical commodity
- Re-negotiation with existing, and supplier selection/negotiation with new vendors
- Work closely with engineering colleagues re: supplier selection and management
- Manage and maintain supplier contracts during the contract lifecycle
- Support culture of continuous improvement
Commodity Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strategic procurement expertise - supplier selection, negotiation and vendor management
- Experience of sourcing machined/engineering components, and/or subcontract machining services
- The ability to work with engineering colleagues, and previous exposure to BOMs or technical drawings
- Experience of sourcing from both a UK and international supply chain
- CIPS, degree or procurement experience in relevant manufacturing/engineering environment
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.