PostreSQL Development Database Administrator
Currently recruiting a Postgres DBA Developer for a unique opportunity to work for a world leading consultancy, providing services to both private and public sector bodies.
The role is to work with the support teams to provide technical and development DBA functions for the clients systems. You will work alongside colleagues, client and other 3rd parties in order to deliver outstanding service. This role will offer the ability to work on large/complex database conversion projects, with the chance to provide input into Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) ideas.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with development teams using Hibernate and understanding the relationship between running Hibernate queries and those developed using embedded SQL.
- Producing and designing summary reports and queries using existing data and model live events with test data.
- Managing the development of databases and provide support for build and test scripts and patch scripts for ongoing updates to live.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a similar role on large/complex software engineering programmes / projects with multiple software development teams
- Extensive experience working as a PostreSQL DBA within a development environment.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile.
Any experience with Oracle PL/SQL would be nice to have. Specifically experience migrating from an Oracle to a Postres database would be highly advantageous.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.