Experienced Applications / Product Engineer required for a globally operating company predominately in the rail industry with exciting new product offerings.
As an Applications / Product Engineer you will work closely with the Product Manager and liaise with customers to attain and define their project requirements and product configurations.
Initially the role will be quite heavily biased on the documentation and procedural side of the projects so experience with projects and regulations in the rail industry would be highly advantageous.
- Salary Dependent on skills and experience within rail industry or similar
- Holidays 25 Days plus Stats
- Pension 3% employer, 3% employee
- Bonus Annually paid bonus based on personal and companywide targets
- Hours 37.5 per week - Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Key Responsibilities of Applications / Product Engineer:
- Work on targeted applications to identify specific customer requirements
- Develop and deliver defined and cost approved proposals and solutions
- Develop customised marketing material when needed
- Perform detailed technical feasibility analysis and studies
- Become a subject matter expert in specific technology applications
- Take a leading role in transferring technical solutions from UK to European projects /customers
- Identify continuous product improvement ideas and pass to technical teams
Required qualifications / experience:
- Ideally an HNC / HND or Bachelor Degree in Electronic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering background considered
- Must have an appreciation of electrical control and interfacing
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to define detailed technical solutions from customer requirements
- Customer facing experience with exposure to the rail business highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel (possibly some European travel)
- Experience of Product Management is desirable
If you are an experienced Applications / Product Engineer looking for a new challenge please contact Stuart Cooper directly for further details. Please be assured your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Wagstaff Recruitment offers a dedicated and individual recruitment service for professional candidates seeking new opportunities within the manufacturing industry.