Junior Project Manager or Project Coordinator
Junior Project Manager or Project Coordinator looking to progress to Project Management - this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful software consultancy and become a full blown Project Manager - salary from £35 - £38k plus £5400 car allowance, depending on your level of experience, with regular reviews and benefits. Experience of working with Application Software Projects is required.
This Junior Project Manager role is with a software consulting company who specialise in flexible ERP, Accounting, and CRM software. Head office is loctaed between Nottingham and Mansfield, close to the M1. They are professional with structured project management methodologies, they are growing steadily and they are great employers. They are also in the top 5 Partners in the UK in their ERP market.
They are looking for a bright, well organised candidate with strong application software knowledge who has worked as a Junior Project Manager, or a Senior Project Coordinator in an IT Software Company and is particularly strong with clients, re-aligning their expectations, handling conflict and change and working through the project management process.
You will be the main point of contact for their clients and will be expected to communicate with them during the project life cycle, both face to face and on the phone. You will agree the project objectives with clients, organise the resources, carry out risk assessment and ensure that these objectives are met. You will also oversee the costings and billings of each project. You will participate in project meetings, provide project progress reports, create schedules and look after risk logs.
As a Junior Project Manager you will attend on-site meetings, liaise with your clients, help manage the team of Implementation Consultants, manage workshops, create business process documents, and maintain high levels of communication with stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of software implementation projects and that they are completed on time and to budget. You will take responsibility for the full software project life cycle from scoping through to implementation and it is essential that you can to work to deadlines and have excellent attention to detail.
* Application Software background essential - ERP, Payroll, Accounting, MIS, Manufacturing, DMS, Payments, Time & Attendance, CRM, Construction software or similar application software
* Well educated, enthusiastic and a positive team player
* Sound business process knowledge and strong analysis
* Able to communicate professionally and confidently with clients face to face and on the phone
* Experienced in application software projects, progress reports, project scheduling, risk logs
* Well organised, good time management, attention to detail, pro-active
* Ambitious - career prospects are excellent
* Excellent communication and team working skills and able to build strong client relationships
* Excel experience.
* MS Project or Prince II or other project management methodologies would be a bonus
This is a chance to join an expanding, successful software company, to show your value is helping projects run smoothly and on time and on budget, and to become a fully-fledged software Project Manager.
If you are a keen Junior Project Manager with applications software expertise, and you are ready to step into full blown Project Management, please contact Jake King or Carolyn MacLurg at Ambis as soon as possible.