I am currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer for a leading manufacturing organisation based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. My client is currently go through a change period and part of this process is to drive Continuous Improvement and new Jigs and Fixtures across the manufacturing units. If you have a strong background in Production or Design please apply.
Located in Barnsley my client are a leading Design and manufacturing business supplying into a range of markets in the UK and overseas. This position is a new position and would fit somebody who is looking for a quick progression routes and developing there personal skills.
Working alongside our existing Manufacturing Engineers and Production Engineers you will work on multiple projects of NPI and process improvements across the large manufacturing facility.
Based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire you will have the following main duties:
- The implementation of all new components which will include cost estimation, jig and fixture concept design and manufacture, prototype manufacture, standard time verification and handover to the production team;
- The creation of process instructions and standard work operating procedures to support the manufacturing process;
- New product support to the design team to help with cost reduction, product reliability and quality improvement;
- Supporting existing product within the facility and monitoring processes to establish areas of improvement;
- The specification, justification and procurement of plant and equipment used in the manufacturing process;
- Engineering change control, evaluation and implementation;
- Provide support to QA dept. using root cause analysis to resolve issues and eliminate their re-occurrence;
- Support the evaluation of fixturing and tooling within tier 1 suppliers;
- Research and identify potential new manufacturing processes.
The candidate must be an enthusiastic, driven, self-starting, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude. They must be capable of managing multiple tasks, using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels. This will be based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
- Good PC skills: Excel and Word;
- Served formal apprenticeship with further education to HNC level or above;
- Conversant with AutoCAD and 3D modelling software (preferably Creo/Pro eng.);
- Knowledge of fabrication and welding processes;
- Will be conversant with new technology and developments;
- Excellent technical aptitude.
Please apply for more information