Audit & Accounts Senior/Supervisor
Reputable multimulti-sited firm based in Sutton are looking for an Audit & Accounts Senior/Supervisor. You will be responsible for managing a team of 4 and will be given a competitive salary and fantastic progression opportunities.
This Sutton based client prides themselves on delivering excellent service to their clients by taking their client's interests to heart and being proactive in recommending value added solutions. They also have a wide range of services - both traditional accountancy services and more innovative business advisory and development services. These advisory services have the ability to add real value to their clients businesses, a goal they strive for. Their practice is split into 3 sectors of which you would be involved in the supervision of the business services team. They are experts who work with clients in sectors such as; professional services, property, pharmaceutical, estate agency, solicitors, fashion and a small number of manufacturing clients. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to contribute to a fantastic practice and gain exposure to an exciting and varied mix of clients with turnovers typically between £350,000 and £50 million
- 60% Accounts 40% Audit
- Supervising 4 staff members from trainees to seniors
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines.
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervising them on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary.
- Job costing and being responsible for agreed costs.
- Responsible for performing accountancy duties including planning and finalising jobs on-site.
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, direct contact at Partner level.
- Carry out audit /accounts and related assignments.
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Involvement in planning of assignments.
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP's
- LLP's Motivation and encouragement of team.
- Advising staff and reviewing work in statutory accounts, audit, management accounts, VAT, corporation tax,
- personal tax and bookkeeping.
- Self-development to enable you to progress to a manager level
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA level with previous work in practice.
- Technically competent.
- Good understanding of corporate tax.
- Exceptional understanding of statutory accounts
- Good understanding of audit (from planning to completion)
- High level of personal motivation.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to get involved and help clients.
- Ability to organise and motivate the team.
- Ability to manage time effectively
Salary between £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.