Purchase Ledger Assistant
This Purchase Ledger Assistant role will sit within our Accountancy team of a technology/media company located in the Covent Garden Head Office. You will be part of a dynamic team, enabling you to gain a broad sense of our financial processes & mechanisms.
The purpose of your role is to process purchase ledger transactions & manage our expenses system. The role offers the right candidate great progression and support.
A global media company located in Covent Garden, Central London
Responsibilities of the Purchase Ledger Assistant:
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Processing employee expense claims and ensuring employees are reimbursed in line with the company's expenses policy.
- Matching invoices against PO's and investigating/ managing any discrepancies to resolution
- Assisting with the completion of the month end close process.
- Dealing with accounts queries upon request via phone and email.
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting the team with ad hoc reports and projects.
- Support in implementing new systems, processes and controls.
The ideal skills of the Purchase Ledger Assistant:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience working in Purchase Ledger
- Good Excel skills i.e Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas. (Bonus)
- Great communication skills, both in writing and on the phone.
- Extremely driven, energetic and proactive
- Proactive and able to show initiative to constantly improve AP processes.
- Well organised, methodical and conscientious.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Eager to help out and get involved.
- Study Support (AAT / CIMA)
- Great culture and team environment
- Fun quarterly socials and team off-sites!
- Career Progression
- Growing organisation
£24,000-£25,000 with a comprehensive benefits package