Tax Manager - London SW1
Looking for a refreshing change?
We at Sheltons are seeking a Tax Manager / Business Services Manager for our new office located in central London.
As a Tax Manager / Business Services Manager you will be working with a small team in modern offices, in a very international environment. Sheltons Accountants and Business Advisers (Sheltons Group) work exclusively with internationally operating businesses. Sheltons Group is a well-established firm with offices in Sydney, Copenhagen, Malta and now London.
The position - how you could help us
- Primarily acting as hands on manager of our UK office clients, typically being smaller foreign-owned UK private companies, with most contact with the overseas head offices (the US, Australia, South Africa, etc)
- Initially assisted by an office manager and a bookkeeper/accountant as well staff in other offices including the Sheltons Group Managing Partner, Ned Shelton and external firms as required
- The provision to clients - using internal and external support - of advice and assistance in the tax, accounting, general business and company secretarial areas, as well as attending to internal office managerial and office functions
- You would supervise staff and later be involved in recruiting
- You would gradually become more involved in businesses development
- 7-10 years’ UK accounting or tax experience
- Significant recent experience in company tax with a UK accounting firm
- Preferably a UK qualified accountant
- Excellent IT skills
- Proven skills in staff and client management
- Be able to command the respect of clients (especially Western European) with your knowledge of the UK generally, including business knowledge
- Currently at Supervisor or Manager level in a UK accounting firm
An advantage if:
- you have lived and worked in another major country
- are familiar with Sage Line 50
- speak another major language
- have some experience in the taxation of expats in the UK
- have a good knowledge of VAT
- have company secretarial experience
- have some knowledge of UK business visa laws.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, energetic
- Enjoy travel and have no problems traveling abroad
- Social, team-minded and outgoing
What we offer
- Initial training in our Copenhagen office (approximately two weeks)
- Genuine opportunities for rapid advancement
- An exciting position with a small, dynamic, internationally-orientated firm
- An opportunity to develop your skills and network
- A very international environment
- Some overseas travel and substantial interaction with clients and colleagues abroad
To apply for this Tax Manager / Business Services Manager role please click on the 'Apply’ link.