Application Support Analyst - contract
Our client, a global providr of insurance, reinsurance, employee benefits advice and pensions is looking for an Application Support Analyst to join Group IT on a contract basis.
The candidate will be required to assist with the provision of Application Support to ensure a successful delivery focused service to demanding business function.
The analyst is a key technical support role and provides assistance to the London Market Insurance Broking Business. The resource will report in to the onsite service operations manager and be a key member of the team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a customer focused self-starter
- Manage tasks to demanding deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Be a proven team player capable of managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Take ownership of end user incidents providing effective communication and resolution
- Promptly investigate Priority 1 & 2 (P1 & P2) incidents ensuring regular communication is provided to IT management and end users where appropriate
- Provide technical applications support across a range of technologies including SQL Server, Oracle forms and .Net Framework
- Provide effective investigation root cause analysis for problem management process.
- Identify proactive alerting opportunities as an early warning mechanism
- Liaise with development team when required to provide end user fix or temporary workaround
- Assist with the development of support documentation and knowledge base to agreed standards
- Deliver resolution to production and UAT environments in line with agreed SLA's
- Provide on-call support, outside of normal working hours
- Deploy code base and database scripts to UAT and production environments
- Follow a structured ITIL Incident, Change and Problem management processes.
- The candidate must be prepared to travel within the UK and abroad for short periods of time.
- The candidate must be prepared to demonstrate flexibility of work hours by working outside of normal business hours as required by the business.
- In-depth knowledge of core Microsoft technologies SQL Server, .Net platform and web services
- Excellent technical trouble-shooter
- Windows system administration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with Technical and Non-Technical personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage knowledge and technical application document repository
- Insurance business knowledge
- ITIL qualifications
- VB Script, T-SQL understanding
- Unix, Linux O/S knowledge
- Oracle forms
- K2 workflow & Document Management systems
- Microsoft certified professional qualifications