Material Planner & Reporting Analyst
Job Title: Material Planner and Reporting Analyst
Location: Thatcham, Berkshire
Salary: £27,133 - £35,837 depending on skills and experience
Permanent | Full Time Hours
The Materials Planner & Reporting Analyst (MP&RA) is a key member of the Metering Supply Chain Team and is responsible for planning of metering’s materials and asset supply, and reporting supply & distribution performance. The Materials & Reporting Analyst will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager, Deployment Operations Centre, the Supplier Relationship Manager, Logistics and Depot Asset Controllers to ensure timely & quality supply of materials to Metering Depots.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Material management - you will liaise with depots to confirm inventory/stock levels and discuss supply challenges. Liaising with Depot Asset Controllers to adjust inventory stock records and min-max levels. In doing so you will ensure compliance with policies and procedures and by completing audits.
- Materials planning - You will work with the Supplier Relationship Manager to produce forecasts for our key asset suppliers based on the overall SSE smart meter deployment plan ensuring stock levels remain within the agreed stock limits. You will also forecast depot demands and liaise with key stakeholders such as Regional Managers to find out if there are any challenges in terms of quality or supply.
- Key Supplier & Service Provider Management - you will monitor and report key supplier/ manufacturer performance and Logistics inventory and distribution performance and you will then advise the Supply Chain Manager of your findings. And you will assist the SCM in preparation for meetings on this.
- Metering Supply Chain Analysis and Reporting - You will 'run’ queries on and perform analysis of the reporting systems (Oracle OBIEE and Harmony) and compile the weekly and monthly metering supply chain performance report. You will then present this report to the Supply Chain Team and distribute as and when needed. You will also provide management information reports detailing supply chain and materials planning.
Your Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience of materials supply and planning either from a service or a manufacturing company. They will also have experience of supply chain and Bill of Material Forecasting at Practitioner level. The successful candidate will need experience of analytics and reporting and experience of process analysis and process improvement would also be beneficial. Good capability across Microsoft Office software is needed including Word, Access and Project and your excel skills should be of a high standard.
Experience in running technical queries in MI/BI systems including Oracle, OBIEE and Oracle E-Business or similar would be advantageous. Furthermore you will need to be able to create written and graphical performance and forecasting reports based on management information provided by various systems such as OBIEE, Harmony/Discoverer and your own technical knowledge of material planning.
The successful candidate will be able to manage their own workload effectively with good time management skills. You will also be confident to raise any challenges and or risks to managers or team leaders and you should feel comfortable presenting your work and reports at weekly/monthly meetings. Generally organised, analytical and methodical should be attributes you possess.
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy to more than seven million household and business account under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market and SSE Airtricity in the markets in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that’s our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 29th April 2018.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.