Legal Secretary Family Law
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Maybe you are tired of the lengthy commute into the city?
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Family Law Legal Secretary to join our client, a leading law firm based in Watford. Steeped in history and tradition this reputable firm have served Hertfordshire for over 150 years.
If you are an enthusiastic legal secretary with a passion for self-development, this could be the career move for you!
Reporting directly into the Senior Partner your main responsibilities will include;
- Prepare correspondence and documents for the Family Department through digital audio-typing and word processing
- To administer filing (which will include daily physical filing and storage on case management system) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Use the client case management system effectively
- To undertake photocopying as required
- Organise appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain electronic diaries
- Assist with answering telephone and attending to clients in reception in the absence of the receptionist
- To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners
- Provide support to other secretaries/other department as required
- Provide guidance to junior staff when required to do so
- To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information at all times
- Any ad hoc task as required
Required qualifications, skills and experience;
- Legal Secretarial experience, ideally within Family Law
- Experience in audio typing
- Experience in digital dictation
- Minimum 70wpm typing speed
- The ability to be organised, work under pressure and manage own workload without supervision
- Strong client care skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Good understanding of the Legal Aid contractual requirements and procedures
- Experience of using a client case management system
This fantastic opportunity is offering full time working hours, Monday - Friday, 9am till 5pm. This firm is keen to find the right person to join their proactive team.
Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now!