At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 30 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 640 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business and are now looking to recruit a:
We know the importance of keeping ahead of the game and never more so than with Digital Marketing. In this exciting new role will define, manage and deliver the website and mobile optimisation strategies via continuous improvements within MVT. Reporting to the Senior Digital Optimisation Manager you will be working in collaboration with your peers across the digital team, to define and create research led conversion improvements post launch of the new website and mobile platform currently under development.
Currently based in our Marketing suit in Northampton we will be moving to Raunds in 2020 to our new purpose built offices.
Responsibilities in brief
- Deliver an optimization and conversion maturity model as a baseline from which to work from in order for us to deliver faster and greater CTA conversions than in a traditional model.
- Assess and deliver on a continuous basis the tools, processes and methodologies required to develop best in class optimization, conversion and personalization routines to help us maximize our investments in driving traffic, CRO, SEO and Paid activity.
- Develop a test and learn culture as well as a calendar of activity that helps Howdens meet its digital objectives.
- Creation of intelligent, research led A/B and MVT framework to deliver website, app, social platform CTA improvements in conjunction with Optimisation, Analytics and UX teams
- Working in conjunction with optimisation team to create improvements based on CTA conversion results to enable a richer user experience that delivers on key metrics.
- Work with the optimisation team to define and implement the strategy on the personalisation engine within the new platform as another method of driving optimisation and conversion and create a personalisation strategy based on insight developed from within the core engine.
- Develop personalised user journeys for the various audience types to help drive conversion results in conjunction with optimisation team.
- Create and deliver QA standards to ensure error-free execution.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
Skills & experience
- 5 years CRO and personalisation experience
- Skills and experience across a range of optimisation tools including GA, Optimizely other A/B or MVT toolsets
- Experience in project-based environments as a member of a team as well as a manager responsible for budgets and reporting.
- Ability to demonstrate value of personalised experience across multiple audience types
- Experience of taking digitally immature business on a journey – whilst embedding test and learn into the DNA
- Commercially astute with experience gained in a fast moving customer centric environment
- Budget Management experience
- Analytical and data driven with extensive knowledge of google analytics
- Ability to engage audiences at all levels
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail & highly organised
- A team player, creative, dynamic, detail-minded and independent
Howdens deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Highly competitive salary plus bonus
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (excluding Bank holidays)
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
- Modern spacious offices with free parking