Governance and Risk Lead
Governance and Risk Lead
The primary responsibility of the Senior Governance and Risk Lead is to act as an expert source of knowledge in relation to risk and corporate governance and provide leadership to ensure that the organisation fully implements and embeds its risk management strategy and framework.
In addition it is expected that the post holder will ensure the organisation has appropriate policies and procedures in place to support its day to day governance and risk management responsibilities.
The post holder is responsible for the oversight of the day to day functioning and performance of the Risk Management team, the newly established Assurance and Effectiveness Team, the Legal team and the development and subsequent oversight of the ProgRESS team (Compliance and challenge team), leading projects we are engaged with, with external partners and supporting the overall monitoring of relevant elements of the Office of Governance and Corporate Affairs Budget.
The post holder will also be required to report to the Quality and Safety Committee in relation to areas of their responsibility and manage a profile of corporate reports.
Key responsibilities of the Governance and Risk Lead role:
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the Clinical Effectiveness Strategy, Assurance and Regulation Strategy and Effectiveness and Assurance Framework for the organisation in line with Trust objectives and priorities, changing legislation and regulation and to ensure they support continuous improvement, the delivery of high standards of care and the vision and values.
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the Risk Management Strategy and Framework for the organisation, in line with the objectives and priorities, changing legislation and regulation and to ensure they support continuous improvement, the delivery of high standards of care and the organisations vision and values
- Share responsibility for the planning and organisation of a broad range of highly complex governance and risk related activities that include the formulation and adjustment of long term strategic plans for sustained performance and improvement that impact across the whole Trust with lead Directors, their Assistants and senior divisional leaders
- Support lead clinicians and managers, develop strategic approaches for the delivery of services within the designated area of responsibility using facts and information from areas of best practice, national and local guidance and apply to a whole system way of working
- Implement a broad range of highly complex service development and redesign areas across the organisation as agreed with executive directors
- Through liaison and working with the Board, managers and frontline staff ensure that risk, governance and clinical effectiveness, assurance and quality improvement concepts become embedded in decision making, planning and performance management process.
- Receive, assimilate, analyse and present highly complex information to both individuals and groups which may be contentious and sensitive and where agreement and cooperation to action is required.
- Identify and apply for external initiatives/ funds that support areas of service improvement.
- Ensure active clinical involvement and leadership within all areas of service development and redesign.
- Complement clinical expertise with a high level of knowledge of change management and improvement techniques.
- Demonstrate and ability to diagnose resistance to change, to change attitudes and motivate individuals and groups. Where agreement is not possible to demonstrate leadership in the decision making process
- Understand highly complex facts and situations which require analysis and interpretation to include performance data, capacity and demand data and assessment of other projects.
- To receive, assimilate, analyse local and national policies and guidance and present information to the health economy advising them of the implications.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Governance and Risk role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.