HGV / Plant Mechanic
HGV / Plant Mechanic
Based North Yorkshire (Covering 3 Local sites)
Salary £15ph £37,000 basic plus overtime, Company Van and fuel card
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an award-winning team who are leading specialists within the organic waste industry. Due to expansion, there is now an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV / Heavy Plant Mechanic to assist with the repair and maintenance of various types of heavy plant and machinery on the company’s North Yorkshire organic waste sites.
Role & Responsibilities
- Service and maintain a small fleet of HGV vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair various types of Agricultural / plant machinery such as loading shovels, grabs, 360 tracked excavators, screeners and crushers.
- Implement & carry out and follow maintenance plans.
- Routine servicing of heavy plant and machinery.
- Effectively communicate with operatives and managers to fault diagnose.
Knowledge / Qualifications Required
- A formal engineering qualification / apprenticeship in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural / HGV mechanics.
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy plant (Agricultural, construction or HGVs), including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Desirable: Welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of loading shovels, grabs, 360 tracked excavators, screeners and crushers, other types of heavy plant.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
- Must hold a current clean driving licence due to the rural locations of the sites.
£15ph plus Company van
Working hours 7-5 Mon- Fri anything over that is time an half, occasional weekend work time and half Saturday and double time on a Sunday
Based from South Milford but covering all 3 sites in the area
If you are looking to join a fantastic organisation that is one of the leaders in their field, then we need to speak to you today. Please call Sarah on the listed number or ideally email with a copy of your current CV