Audit Semi Senior - Fantastic Top 20 Accountancy Practice
Exclusive to Michael Page, our client is a Top 20 chartered accountancy practice that is looking for an Audit Semi Senior to join their growing team. They have a large portfolio of clients and have a great reputation not only in Kent, but across the UK. The role would suit a Semi Senior working in an independent practice or larger practice, looking for a move in to an audit role within one of the best practices in the region!
A fantastic, national Top 20 chartered accountancy practice based near Canterbury with an exceptional reputation. They provide a wider array of services including accounts, tax, audit, bookkeeping, payroll and a wide array of advisory services.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for smaller audits and be able to prepare statutory accounts - mainly for companies, partnerships and sole traders, as well as someLLPs and charities. This role will give you variety and depth across all aspects of our audit process, and you will be responsible for smaller audits, and assisting on the more larger ones. You will also be expected to prepare corporation tax and draft corporation tax returns for review by the Tax team. The level of the responsibilities below are deponent on experience.
- Complete whole sections of the audit pack in accordance with business procedures and occasionally on smaller jobs act as senior, delegate to juniors and complete the whole file including notes/queries for Partner/Director/Manager
- Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing to more junior members of staff where appropriate and design specific tests if appropriate
- Prepare clear logical schedules, fully cross referenced to supporting documentation and other sections of the audit file, ensuring that all amounts agree to lead schedules and the accounts
- Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to more senior members of staff
- Supervise more junior members of staff as appropriate, including checking their work and providing guidance as required
- Manage own time and that of any junior staff, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget
- Review of junior staff work
- Complete stock takes and write up detailed notes and results
- Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
- Complete audit review forms on juniors
The ideal Audit Semi Senior will be a well-organised and self-motivated professional team player, with good communication skills with the ability to work well under pressure. With an analytical mind, you will already have a good grasp of technical accounts or audit issues and able to manage your own time and budgets.
As a part qualified AAT/ ACA/ACCA Semi Senior (or finalist), you'll be confident with clients and have a thorough systematic approach as well as an outgoing, enthusiastic personality. This will stand you in good stead to benefit from this outstanding career opportunity, as well as a generous and competitive benefits package.
Full Study Package
Opportunity to work for a Top 20 practice!!