Software Engineer (Java OR C++ OR Python - Big Data - Cyber) £25-60k dep on exp
Software Engineer (Java OR C++ OR Python - Big Data - Cyber) -Gloucestershire £25000-60000 dep on experience.
Leading defence services company is actively recruiting for a range of software engineers (ideally full stack with a range of technical skills across Java, Python or C++) for permanent work on exciting cyber security projects in an Agile dev environment.
The successful Software Engineer (Java OR C++ OR Python - Big Data - Cyber) / Analyst Programmer / Developer will be supporting the team in an scrum/agile development working on software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
The successful Software Engineer (Java OR C++ OR Python - Big Data - Cyber) / Analyst Programmer / Developer will ideally have:
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Has experience of designing and developing innovative software solution
- Has experience in Java and the use of object oriented design
- Keen to learn a broad range of technologies on the Java stack
Desirable skills for the position of Software Engineer (Java OR C++ OR Python - Big Data - Cyber) / Analyst Programmer / Developer:
- Current UK Government clearance
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki’s
- Exposure to DevOps approaches and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience with Nifi
- Technical exposure of Messaging Technologies
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience across different programming languages, such as: Java EE, Python, C++
- Working experience across some of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
- Experience with open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products.