Principle Team Lead
Purpose of Role:
- Leading the team to successfully deliver the platform required by our customers
- Mentor fellow Team Leads to help them run other teams within the group
- Mentor team members, improving their skill-set and capabilities through guidance and training
- As the team changes, help the Head of Engineering hire new members to fill the skills gaps
- Performance manage individual team members with the assistance of HR to ensure successful and timely delivery of requirements
- Routinely assist Head of Engineering and CTO in estimating deliver timelines, and then report against those timelines relevant to the team.
- Collaborate with other developers, QAs, operations and business stakeholders.
- Work in a team and sharing knowledge, being able to Pair Program with developers at different levels. Passionate discussions are encouraged.
- Develop / Implementing services
- Routinely delivering high quality code using TDD principles
- Help to keep our high-availability promises, by careful design and using automated deployment.
- Person Specification
- Principle Team Lead
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes needed for the role
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- People and performance management
- Project estimation and reporting
- API design and implementation
- Test Driven Design in Microservices architecture
- Confident in continuous refactoring and evolutionary design.
- Show initiative, can-do attitude, ideally able to work at different levels on the project, from design, to deployment. Be a self-starter.
- Demonstrate ability to learn, ideally have passion for learning and being able to stay current by her/himself.
- Good knowledge of Java, OOD, TDD, Messaging, Refactoring, Data Store Design, HTTP, Web Applications, ReST Web Services.
- Knowledge of Cloud architectures and patterns, ideally with experience in distributed High Availability systems, AWS based.
- Knowledge of building front-end web applications in AngularJS
- Working knowledge of AWS and Docker
- Knowledge in SQL database queries
- Knowledge of API design and documentation techniques
- Knowledge of working in Unix/Linux Environments
- Experience building and managing a team of developers to deliver business requirements
- Experience turning business requirements into development tasks
- Experience developing or integrating with video distribution platforms including management of advertising inventory and server side or in stream video advertising solutions
- Experience of more advanced microservices architectures such as Level 3 on the Richardson Maturity Model, Event Sourcing and CQRS would be beneficial.
- Experience and interest in working in media or broadcast on advertising platforms or services for a content owner or agency is a plus.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla or similar
- Can demonstrate experience and an interest in digital media applications
- Should have used version control systems, Git preferentially
- Experience with distributed software systems and AWS is a serious advantage
- Previous startup experience is desirable