Deputy General Manager - Leisure, Sports, Entertainment & Hospitality Venue
Our client is a fast paced entertainment, sports, leisure and food variety venue looking for an adaptable Deputy General Manager that is comfortable working within a challenging and multi task environment.
If you would like to join a fun, enthusiastic and exciting business. One that offers great career potential AND you have hospitality, restaurant or leisure management experience, then this role is for you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assume day-to-day responsibility for the operational management of the unit.
- To strive to achieve a culture that is totally focused on the delivery of the best possible level of customer service.
- To support the delivery of the company strategy.
- To deputise in the absence of the General Manager.
- To undertake ownership for own training and development to grow into the future role of General Manager.
- To assist the General Manager to ensure that the Unit is self-sufficient with regards to sickness, holidays, vacancies and any other required cover.
- To ensure that you comply with the stipulated 3 or 4 week rolling rota.
- To provide reception cover during off peak periods
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all policies, procedures, controls and compliance areas are adhered to on a day to day basis, specifically:
- Audits, Fire safety, Health & Safety, licensing
- Stock control
- Cash procedures
- Any other compliance requirements, both legally and procedurally
- To support the General Manager in maintaining the quality of product and unit appearance
- To identify customer needs and promote customer recognition throughout the unit
- To strive constantly to achieve operating standards
- To respond to customer comments and feedback on a daily basis
- To promote an entertaining environment that is at all times focused on customer centricity
- To be able to demonstrate a clear and proactive understanding of the business and be able to plan and implement short term objectives
- Support the General Manager to produce a sales development plan which ensures sales targets are met, through the use of both Company and local initiatives
- To support the bookings co-ordination process to maximise yield
- To identify innovative ideas for business growth and highlight to General Manager
- To support the analysis of the impact of all sales, marketing and promotional activity
- To support the General Manager in the achievement of all unit budget targets and KPI’s
- To maintain a process of monitoring financial targets, ensuring planning and reaction for any opportunities that arise
- To meet specific targets as set by the General Manager and Operations Managers
- To ensure that reporting of statistics to the support centre is timely and accurate
- To ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to minimise or prevent loss or damage to Company assets
- To ensure the security of all cash and stock and to maintain the safety and security of staff at all times
- To attend and fully participate in management meetings and to cascade communication to staff members as appropriate
- To facilitate and attend staff meetings as requested by the General Manager
- To attend regional meetings, in the absence of the General Manager, sharing best practice with colleagues throughout the Company
- To communicate to all external bodies as appropriate
- To ensure that own and team appearance is maintained to a high professional level at all times
- To ensure that all team members are aware of all Company policies and procedures and the importance of adhering to them
- To maintain integrity and a professional image with employees, customers, suppliers and all external bodies
- To take personal accountability for and be conversant with all statutory obligations
- To ensure that teams are suitably trained, comply with and are constantly alert to all risks
- Ensure fair and equal treatment to all individuals in line with legislation and Company policy
- To lead by example, encouraging all team members to participate and work together
- To delegate authority, empowering team members to take responsibility and ownership for achievement of objectives
- To support the process of recruitment of staff in line with business needs
- To monitor, encourage and participate towards a positive team atmosphere
- To positively and publicly recognise success and achievement by any member of the team
- To set relevant, fair and consistent targets and objectives for team members where appropriate
- To provide constructive feedback to improve team performance
- To represent and feedback staff opinions and views at a higher level
- Ensure liaison with Human Resources Department to ensure effective people management
Training & Development
- To implement, support, encourage and participate in the coaching, training and development of all employees
- Ensure that all unit management support, encourage and deliver training as appropriate
- Take ownership for own personal development and support personal development of team members
- To support the induction process for all new starters
- To support the promotion of a training culture within the unit
- To support the process of statutory training in line with Company policies and legal requirements
- To carry out appraisals for supervisors and staff members as appropriate