CDD Case Manager
HSBC is committed to implementing Customer Due Diligence (CDD) policies and procedures to safeguard against financial crime risks, including the risks of money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, tax evasion, sanctions, and bribery and corruption. Commercial Banking UK has implemented Customer Due Diligence procedures as part of its overall Financial Crime Risk Control Framework, to deter, mitigate and safeguard against Financial Crime risks.
Maintaining up-to-date CDD information throughout the life cycle of the Customer relationship is an important element of Financial Crime Risk Management. The role of the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Case Manager is to provide high quality support and decision making across a range of Global Standards and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) related activities, including:
- Know Your Customer (KYC) checks, undertaking gap analysis research and report writing to enable discussions with other departments to ensure that both the business and the programme are well engaged and informed.
- Being responsible for the collation and interpretation of customer information ensuring adherence to bank policy and completing volume based approval in line with strategic requirement.
- Conducting 'end to end' approval ensuring information is complete and current and also attestation through Risk Support statement.
- Ensuring a smooth customer journey by providing a high quality service at first point of call to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring the bank hold sufficient information to fully understand ownership, purpose, transactions etc. to adhere to bank policy and sign off each customer through written statement.
- Managing complex cases efficiently whilst maintaining quality and compliance and protecting the Bank.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing cases independently and efficiently: focus on efficiency, quality and effectiveness.
- Quality and volume of cases will be key, with KPIs in place to effectively measure each.
- Adhering to documented policies and procedures.
- Ensuring timely completion of KYC data inputs into bank system(s).
- Supporting Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and Team Leaders in Remediation.
- Assisting in timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators: completion of technical training that enhances system knowledge and proficiency along with regular attendance at learning sessions and team meetings.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations.
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes along with experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results.
- Planned activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Previous experience of delivering an excellent customer service.
- A track record of gaining an understanding of customers' needs and delivering excellent customer service.
If you think you have the relevant experience, please apply today!