Home School Link Worker
Hours: 21.5 hours a week, 38.6 weeks a year (term time plus 3 INSET days)
Salary:Surrey Pay Grade 7 (£23,809 - £28,370 FTE) £11,997 - £14,295 pro rata
Do you enjoy supporting children and their families and want to work as part of a friendly school pastoral team?
Westfield Primary School has a vacancy from September 2018 for a dedicated Home School Link Worker to work preventatively with families, children and the school to provide early intervention, signposting, support and guidance, particularly in time of change and stress. The role involves creating opportunities for families to develop a positive relationship with the school, including working to improve school attendance and punctuality. It also involves facilitating the provision of support for pupils and their families as required and reporting, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of this provision.
About the Role
Westfield is a larger than average school, located in a quiet residential area, providing for pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. Ofsted recently judged the school as ‘Good’ and commented on the “caring and welcoming atmosphere” which “provides effectively for current pupils” (Ofsted, 2017). At Westfield we believe in a community that has a love of learning and a love of life. We aim to foster a sense of PRIDE in everything we do to make school an enjoyable experience and allow every child to achieve their maximum potential. We are looking for somebody who has:
- Extensive knowledge of working with parents and families
- Knowledge of child development and an insight into the needs of young children and their parents
- Wide knowledge of support agencies and local services for parents
- A high standard of effective and sensitive communication with adults and children, both verbal and written, including appropriate record keeping
- Good networking skills and an awareness of the need for confidentiality
- A commitment to supporting people in difficult circumstances, whilst still maintaining professional boundaries
- Resilience and ability to manage change and stress
- Empathy, patience, diplomacy, good listening skills, flexibility and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and adaptable
In return, our wonderful school can offer:
- A supportive, hardworking and friendly team who are committed to achieving the best for our children
- An encouraging and caring ethos
- Regular professional supervision and opportunities for continuing professional development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and interested applicants are encouraged to ring the School Business Manager to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 14th May 2018
Interviews: 24th May 2018
Start Date: 1st September 2018
Westfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are required to complete an enhanced DBS check and all job offers are subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Westfield Primary Schools is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.