Senior Quality Engineer
Westray Recruitment Consultants have the pleasure of working with a Nationwide Electronics Manufacturer to source a Quality Manager for their site in Consett. The role involves managing, leading and coordinating activities to both the Quality Management system and the Quality Control of products manufactured within various areas of the business
- Managing, leading and coordinating activities to both the Quality Management system and the Quality Control of product manufactured within the Power Distribution, Wiring Devices and Cable Management areas of the business.
- Manage and oversee all work relating to the Quality team.
- Manage the Company's quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Responsible for the completion of internal ISO9001 Audits across all Legrand sites.
- Produce and communicate quality procedures to Shop Floor employees.
- Provide training to Shop Floor employees when a change of quality takes effect, including new products.
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Investigation of customer complaints for all UK manufactured product and factored product from subsidiaries and report preparation relating to this.
- Organisation and management of external audit bodies.
- Abide by all company H&S guidelines.
- A HNC in Quality systems is essential.
- Previous experience in a technical domain, within an industrial sector is essential.
- An electrical qualification would be beneficial.
- Thorough understanding of Quality Control systems and processes involved in manufacture of Power products, sheet metal fabrication.
- Previous Management experience is essential.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution products is mandatory.
- The role will require regular travel to visit other sites in the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Driving licence essential.
This is a permanent role working day shift with an early finish of 1pm on a Friday.
The role is offering a highly competitive salary package, along with a pension scheme, 25 days' holiday and life insurance cover.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Samantha Bosher for more details on this role on or at