Estimator / Buyer
PERMANENT - ESTIMATOR / BUYER - MILTON KEYNES - £45,000
- Do you have previous experience within Estimating / Buying?
- Are you experienced in Cat. A & Cat. B refit works?
- Do you have experience in end user clients works and project Management in Interiors?
Our client, a leading company in their industry are looking to recruit an experienced Estimator / Buyer, to join their growing company.
- Undertaking the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within client deadlines.
- Prepare Supplier and Sub-contractor enquiries, scrutinise quotations and undertake selection process.
- Be responsible for the departments purchasing, ensuring supplier payment terms and discounts are preferable to the company
- Receive purchasing requests and be able to organise the project materials to meet necessary quantities, quality, deadlines and budget.
- Produce bills of quantities, schedules of work and contractor's proposal documents to support bids.
- Produce breakdowns, substantiation and undertake value engineering process to meet client budgetary requirements.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for designated projects.
- Liaise with the clients, Sub-contractors, Suppliers and Operational Offices to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions.
- Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate.
- You will be responsible for pricing projects anywhere from £20K - £3M and when necessary, you will be required to write your own scope of works.
- Must be conversant and experienced in Cat. A & Cat. B Refit works.
- Must have experience in end user client works and project management in Interiors.
- Must have experience in both construction estimating and negotiating with supplier discounts as a buyer.
- Excellent knowledge within the Building and Construction industry demonstrating previous progression within the construction industry, specifically interiors.
- Has a vast knowledge of all Construction related techniques.
Apply with your CV immediately or contact Louise Oakley on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activities, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.