An IT Technician is required to support a busy IT department for a fixed term contract running until December 2018.
Full time, contract position working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekend work as required.
Based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The position will pay £22,713k-£26,707k per annum for a full 52-week year which will equate to £10.92-£12.84 per hour for the contract.
The successful application will be required to get a clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Provide first line support to all users
- Liaise with third parties to follow up on support requirements and troubleshooting
- Maintain regular communication with users whilst resolving their logged issues
- Support and maintain all technology including desktops, software, laptops, printer, and mobile technology
- Walk the site and check IT equipment to log any faults and damage
- A wide range of technical duties primarily regarding maintaining, upgrading and replacing IT installations
- Resolve performance issues of any IT and audio-visual hardware, software and cabling
- Report any recurring issues to the IT Network Manager and Senior IT Technician
- Support with the maintenance of an accurate and complete asset register of all IT services assets
- Escalate challenges to the IT Network Manager or Senior IT Technician as appropriate
- Identify IT service improvements and provide feedback on areas for improvement
- Monitor IT systems and services proactively
- Support the successful delivery of any new projects or developments
- Support the IT team to install any new IT hardware and services
- Other ad hoc duties as required
To be successful you will have knowledge of:
- Supporting, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a wide variety of computer and AV hardware including cabling and peripherals
- Windows and Apple iPad systems, software and services
- Microsoft's Active Directory and Group Policy programs, and their interaction within a network
- Work using structured helpdesk policies and procedures in a support environment
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted shortly.
Thank you for your interest in our role. E-Personnel Recruitment endeavours to respond to all applications, however, due to the volume of CVs received, this may not always be possible.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to E-Personnel Recruitment, specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment and a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) which is the professional body for the recruitment industry.