HGV Technician x 2
Job Title: HGV Technician x 2
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is a leading provider of engineering solutions. They are now recruiting for 2 x HGV Technicians to join their team at their site in Alfreton, Derbyshire. The two positions cover the day shift and late shift 7.30pm - 6pm and 12pm - 10pm. Candidates must be flexible in their approach to working hours and be prepared to work alternative Saturday mornings.
£COMPETITIVE ANNUAL SALARY, 1½ PAID AFTER WORKING 40 HOURS, PENSION SCHEME, 20 DAYS HOLIDAY + 8 BANK HOLIDAYS.
HGV Technician Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for carrying out general maintenance and repair work on a range of HGV’s.
- Ensure that all equipment including workshop plant is maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Ensure all vehicles are in safe working order.
- Carry out all repairs to the highest standards.
- Able to carry out in-depth engineering work and diagnostics.
- Maintain and keep secure all tools, equipment, PPE and technical documentation assigned.
- Must be able to operate individually or within a close team.
HGV Technician Requirements:
- The successful candidate must hold a relevant engineering qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Apprenticeship.
- Demonstrable experience within a similar position.
- Electrical fault finding skills.
- Able to work on own initiative and provide an excellent service under pressure.
- Strong fault finding skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Hold valid driving licence.
HGV Technician Benefits:
- £Competitive salary offered.
- Two positions with working hours of: Monday to Friday - 7.30am - 6pm and 12pm - 10pm.
- 1½ paid after 40 hours.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Full training provided.
- Opportunity to join a very reputable company.
NOTE: Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military background; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.