FINANCIAL CONTROLLER-TECH START UP
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN AN EXCITING & GROWING TECH START UP AS FINANCIAL CONTROLLER, INITIALLY ON A INTERIM BASIS.
Reporting to the executive team, they are looking for a commercial financial controller, who can undertake all aspects of financial control and accounting as well as having strong cash management and forecasting experience.
Activities include; corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budgeting, preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitoring of daily cash movements, development of internal control policies and procedures and financial risk management. You will also be managing an accountant.
Like all roles in such a fast paced and growing business, the job description is a basic framework from which the successful candidate can springboard and become involved in the wider commercial activities of the organisation. The role will bring you into contact with the Company Board, including external private equity investors.
You will be successful in the role by:
- Ensuring there are "no surprises" for management regarding the financial performance of the business.
- Consistently produce, timely, accurate and relevant management information to support decision making.
- Presenting confidently to the Board on the financial performance of the business, especially as it relates to the cash position and future funding requirements.
- Ensure all filings, (VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE) are made within the stipulated timeframes
- Ensure all internal and external reporting timeframes are met.
- Maintaining the existing financial control framework, and identifying opportunities for further enhancement.
You will be;
- 2 -5 years post ACA or ACCA qualified at a top accounting firm.
- Knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS, with specific knowledge of IFRS9 highly desirable.
- Experience of using Xero, creating financial statements for inclusion in the monthly board materials, general ledger functions and the month-end/ year end close process.
- Working knowledge of VAT and corporation tax computations.
- Experience of managing the annual external audit process, working in a financial services business with knowledge of interest charges, fees, and credit decisioning would be highly desirable.
- Experience of working in start-up environment would be advantageous.
- A willingness to take on a broad and evolving role that at times will require you to be extremely hands-on.