SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1
Seeking an SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1 to work with a year 3 student with additional needs in a Hornchurch based school. The Year 3 student has additional needs. This is a full time position based in a very supportive school and is perfect for someone who is patient, calm and has a passion for working with special needs.
This will be ideal for any passionate SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1 that can ensure students education and care is of a high standard.
- As an SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1 you will be responsible for providing a dynamic range of support for the student with learning difficulties.
- In addition to this working as a general class Teaching Assistant as well to allow the student independance.
- The students exact needs have not yet been identified but is selectively non-verbal, so someone with experience with speech and language could be an advantage.
- The position requires someone who is adaptable with knowledge of the National Curriculum as the student learning plans will gradually tie in with curriculum.
- The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of SEND, in particular ASD and Autism and have some experience working 1:1 with these needs.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and can integrate as fully as possible.
- You will ensure they can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- You must have a calming nature and a developed knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of the student.
For this SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1 position it is ideal if you are:
qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEN qualifications.
Previous experience working with moderate to complex learning difficulties would be an advantage.
This post is full time to start ASAP
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this SEND Teaching Assistant 1-1 role, please get in touch we would be happy to hear from you. We here at Apex Education Training strive to find you the perfect work/life balance. So let us know your requirements and we will work with you to find suitable employment in schools.
- Meet you locally at a mutual time and venue
- Assist with CV's or Applications
- Preparation for interviews
- Guidance with your tax and making sure you are on the correct coding
- Personal advisor for continued support and development
- Get you paid to your scales