Head of Sports / Player Marketing
Head of Sports/Player Marketing
As a Head of Sports / Player Marketing you will be responsible for selecting and managing a nationally relevant top-quality player/athlete portfolio across ALL forms of sport.
- Deliver a highly credible programme by selecting nationally relevant sports personalities with a perfect brand fit. Optimise impact and efficiency via professional target setting and strong athlete management. Creativity and the range of disciplines/sports/playgrounds are unlimited.
- Support each player/athlete with the optimum individual package consisting of marketing (tools, salary, bonus etc.), communications and sportive performance. Develop a top professional and personal relationship with each to deliver perfect scene-impact, strong credibility and high efficiency (target setting/management).
- Deliver perfect brand appearance for all player/athletes according to international benchmarks and guidelines.
- Set up a strong network amongst sports institutes, trainers, clubs and federations to scout for potential future co-operations in over 100 sports disciplines, in addition to collecting relevant information on marketing and communications.
- Demonstrate strong usage global athletes by using international athletes nationally and sending national participants (both athletes and non-athletes) to international activities.
Marketing and Budget management
- Design and contribute unique stories, interesting topics, new formats and top media content
- Maximise cross departmental usage of athletes' output within the UK business.
- Manage the overall budget.
- Ensure that all internal platforms are always up-to-date for all related topics (event calendar and factsheets, news-postings etc.)
- At least 6 years' experience as a manager (sport, athletes, brand, marketing) with content and budget responsibility.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Sporting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.