Guildford, Surrey (medical and nursing)
£19,000 - £23,000 depending on experience
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 8am-8pm, Mon-Sat
HCA required for my client a specialist provider of ophthalmic services in the UK. My client brings together cutting edge research and medical expertise, state-of-the-art surgical equipment and top ophthalmic surgeons renowned for their areas of expertise to offer the best clinical outcomes in laser vision correction, cataract removal, refractive lens exchange and cosmetic procedures, all carried out in ultra-clean, theatre environments.
As Healthcare Assistant based in this Hospital in Guildford, Surrey you will be expected to participate in all aspects of the Ophthalmic service . As part of a multi-discipline team with an emphasis on quality patient care, they will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision to all ophthalmic patients, their relatives or carers, across clinical and some administrative disciplines.
- Work closely with clinical and patient services staff to ensure the smooth running of operating lists.
- Actively support and assist patients on surgery days ensuring effective communication.
- Handling patient enquiries effectively, by means of referral to a medical practitioner if necessary, and providing service excellence.
- Provide basic advice on health promotion, with particular reference to ophthalmic surgery.
- Provide pre and post-operative care, within level of competence, to patients & their carers.
- Preparation of consulting/examination/treatment rooms
- To offer non-clinical advice regarding appointments and tests.
- Achieved or working towards NVQ levels 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- Strong IT skills ie good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment
- Basic Life Support competent
Working Monday - Saturday during the hours of 8am - 8pm dependent on the needs of the service - £19,000 - £23,000 per annum dependent on experience and qualifications.
If you would be interested in this position please apply for this role