Are you an experience Stock Controller who is looking for an exciting new opportunity within the building / constiruction industry? If so … we are seeking a Stock Controller who has both light and heavy side building knowledge to work for one of our reputable clients.
You will be reporting to the Commercial Drector & Financial Controller. The successful candidate will be responsible for the stock being correct within the business. Investigating all stock discrepancies fully and working with all department managers/staff to ensure all administration procedures and stock management systems effecting stock are accurate.
This is a full time, permanent position, offering a competitive salary of up to £30k. Monday - Friday 7.30 - 4.30, Cheltenham with training offered.
Roles and responsibilities as a Stock Controller:
- Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner
- Having working knowledge of the IT system to ensure accurate stock management
- Investigate all stock discrepancies fully
- Maintain stock levels in line with customers demand
- Maintain good working relationships with all managers to help improve stock reporting and stock levels
- Carry out the organisation and completion of stock takes when requested
- Responsible for the ongoing management of PPI counts across all departments/companies
- Comply with all operational and health and safety standards
- Monthly reports on slow moving stock/aged stock
- Monthly reports on all stock adjustments
- General stock management through administration and reports
- Meeting with department manages to improve our inventory
- Sales promotions on all dead and slow-moving items
- Running the end of the month stock reports before the management accounts are produced to ensure the stock figures are accurate
- Responsible for all stock adjustments giving valid reasons
- Improve the departments stock control trough implementing/improving administration procedures
- Ensure all stock has been allocated to the correct Bin locations
- Observe correct stock receiving protocols (Returns//Booking in etc.)
- Observe the correct buying protocols (linking specials etc.)
- General up keep of the IT system in relation to specials and stock ordering
- Ensure the price book is accurate on all products within the group
- Comparing and analysing all suppliers based on service and price
- Working with the Fortis Buying Group/Internet when required.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity as a Stock Controller, why not click and apply today?