Category Executives X 3
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global FMCG organisation, our client are currently seeking Category Executives X 3 based at their UK HQ in Leatherhead, Surrey. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to £37,050 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Category Management plays a central role in creating and delivering strategies and insight for our categories and working with retailers to bring these ideas to life and shelf.
Main Job Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to collate and analyse data and turn this data into insights for both client and our retailers. The Category and Merchandising Executive would then deliver this insight to the retailer and use it to make range and merchandising recommendations, promotional suggestions and strategy ideas to drive growth for the total category.
Build great relationships with Buyers and Merchandisers
- Build strong relationships with buyers, merchandising and category planners across retailers
- Take the category strategies to customer utilising it develop tailored joint category plans, making the strategy live and breathe on a daily basis.
- Be the first port of call for buyers, CAM's and brand managers on Category performance, opportunities and risks.
Win at Range reviews
- Provide category range, space and distribution advice for retailers at range review alongside merchandising recommendations.
- Build planograms supporting the Range and Merchandising changes.
- Monitor the implementation and success of the review on in store.
Deliver continuous insight through performance monitoring
- Complete regular performance updates both internally and externally, extracting insights from these sources and using them to continually bring opportunities for growth.
- Provide analytical support for the Category Manager to develop the trade category plan with retailers.
- Evaluate promotional and competitor activity in the market and share learnings with the wider team.
Be the voice of the Shopper & Customer internally with Sales and Marketing
- Bring the shopper and customer view to the table to the brand team aiding in the delivery of innovation launches, promotional plans and JBP building.
Live the Unilever Values & Standards of Leadership
- Make a positive difference to every day to make this a great place to work
- Live the standards of leadership
- Prioritise personal development and develop team members through coaching, mentoring and individual development plans
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Data analysis and insight generation
- Relationship building
- FMCG market knowledge
- Ideally Range and Merchandising experience