Senior Back-End Developer (PHP)
Obsidian are working with a leading Fintech company based in Central London that are rapidly expanding their development team with quality engineers.
Your role as the Senior Back-End Developer will include working with modern technologies specifically PHP and Craft CMS on the backend, integrating with multiple third party API’s, so would ideally suit a person who likes variation and enjoys technical challenges.
You will be working closely within a small team and closely with the front-end development team and designers to ensure the back-end work looks as good as possible.
- Significant development experience in PHP (ideally PHP 5.6+)
- Working knowledge of integrating with third party API’s
- Experience with MySQL Databases, best practices and database scalability
- Experience with Plugin development
- Excellent communication skills and a team player, while having the ability to work on their own
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- Familiarity with templating languages such as Twig
- Knowledge of multiple backend languages (such as python, ruby etc)
- Experience with frameworks (such as Slim PHP, Laravel, DJango, Flask, etc)
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, PHP PSR recommendations and Python PEP 8
- Working with large data
- Experience in sys administration
- Experience with working in a techstartup
- Knowledge of Dependency management (such as Composer, packagist, etc)
- Understanding in the importance of clean, descriptive code