Business Systems Analyst - 6 Months Fix Term Contract
Business Systems Analyst - Northampton- (6 Months Fix Term Contract)
£30,000-£35,000 DOE + Company Performance Bonus & Benefits
Are you looking to make an impact in a role as member of the IT Digital Development Squad? Are you able undertake business systems analysis activities at Opus Energy?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax group, is a leading independent supplier of gas and electricity to businesses all over the UK. With over 300,000 customers and circa 900 employees spread across modern offices in Oxford, Northampton and now Cardiff, we're a dynamic and innovative organisation. Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Business Systems Analyst to join our fast-growing team in Northampton.
In this role you will facilitate IT change, acting as the interface between IT and other business functions.
Key responsibilities in this role include;
* Translate and communicate business objectives and requirements into functional and non-functional requirements of IT systems and web applications
* Plan, facilitate and engage in requirements gathering, solution design and problem-solving workshops
* Contribute to the design of system and web applications; ensuring alignment between business requirements and the technical solution
* Model business systems processes to communicate requirements and solutions to development and business teams
* Design and maintain functional specifications/user stories and other project documentation in order to communicate system behaviour to developers, testers and architects
* Contribute to backlog prioritisation and sprint planning activities
* Facilitate the user acceptance testing, end user training and early live support processes
The successful applicant - What we need from you?
* Experience working within both Agile and waterfall project environments
* Experience in estimating and planning analysis tasks within largescale IT programmes
* Experience in Business Process Modelling; ideally BPMN 2.0
* Experience translating high level business requirements into low level system requirements
* Experience in writing functional design specifications and user stories using behaviour driven development approaches
* Experience and genuine interest in IT, systems and software application development
* Experience in largescale IT change programmes
Desired but not essential:
* Experience working with web sites and web applications
* Familiarity with a programming language and/or database query language either in a personal or professional capacity
* Experience creating basic user interface (UI) designs and user experience (UX) journeys
If this sounds of interest and you're keen to develop your career within a growing company, please apply today!
***Placement in this job is conditional on the successful completion of pre-employment checks relevant to the role. These checks could include DBS Basic Check, Adverse Financial Management check, confirmation of identity and business/educational references. The cost of these checks will be covered by Opus Energy, and the checks will not be requested until after a conditional job offer is made and accepted.***