What an exciting opportunity we have for a Assembler/Fitter to join a forward thinking company who specialise in the Design, Manufacture and distribution of transformers and power transformers around the globe.
To carry out final assembly pre-test and post test operations. Main duties include installation of core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks; Making internal electrical connections and terminations; Filling with insulation oil; Fitting and connecting ancillary instruments.
- To carry out all production operations in accordance with the company health & safety policy. Ensuring your personal safety and that of others working in your area.
- Prepare fabricated tanks to production priority schedule for installation of core and winding assembly. Pre-fitting of gaskets, bushings, instruments, conservator, lid, wiring bars, etc.
- Prepare core and winding assemblies for installation to fabricated tanks. Ensuring core and windings are free from damage and debris contamination, and all mechanical clamps and fixings are torque tightened to specification.
- Install core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks. Ensuring secure slinging of core & winding assemblies and safe positioning to pre-determined dimensions inside the tank. Secure core & winding assembly in position and make internal electrical connections.
- Fill fabricated tank with insulation oil. Ensuring that core & winding assembly is totally covered within the specified period of leaving the oven stoving operation.
- Fit the transformer lid assembly and all other ancillary equipment required for test.
- Complete final assembly operations by fitting all remaining equipment, radiators, conservator, and any associated connection pipework, switches, valves, nameplates, etc.
- Ensure all quality control and customer specific documentation has been completed to specification.
- Any other reasonable request you are instructed to do that you have received adequate instruction and training to carry out.