Health and Safety Coordinator
Manufacturing company in the South West are looking for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will be required to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are being adhered to at both sites.
This FMCG manufacturer is a leader in their field with multiple sites all over Europe. The company have recently invested heavily in new machinery to continue to give them a competitive edge and remain market leader. They have a wide range of customers supplying a variety of superior quality products.
The Health and Safety Co-ordinator will be required to develop the standards at the two sites. Developing a new culture towards health and safety, winning the hearts and minds of the 400+ staff, tailoring your approach to encourage a wide range of characters and personalities. Ensuring a safe environment for all staff to work in and ensure everyone goes home safe and sound to their families.
The Health and Safety Advisor will need:
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or equivalent
- COSHH Trained
- Handling of H&S investigations and gathering, analysing and reporting on key H&S data/statistics
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
- Member of institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- NEBOSH Diploma or working towards
£35-40k with a car allowance