Payroll and Reward Advisor
Payroll and Reward Advisor
£28,000-£34,000 per annum + bonus
Monday to Friday, 08.45-17:00
Do you have experience running an in-house payroll with excellent attention to detail and can work quickly and accurately? If the answer is yes then read on.
We have an opportunity in our busy HR Department for a Payroll and Reward Advisor based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes. You will have joint responsibility for all aspects of monthly payroll for of cca 1,740 employees and related activities including year-end and P11Ds. Paramount to the role is the delivery of payroll and related activities in an accurate and timely manner as well as demonstrable process improvement and data analysis skills.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Leading payroll project work, process improvement and implementation of new initiatives and systems
- Producing reports (Headcount, Turnover, Absence, National Living Wage, Gender Pay Gap) and providing data analysis
- Assisting the HR Manager - Rewards & Benefits with reward related activities and initiatives
- Processing starters, leavers and changes to terms & conditions. Carrying out pro-rata calculations and making adjustments
- Inputting and importing variable pay data, maintaining the timesheet system and carrying out the necessary checks
- Processing company sick pay, SSP / SMP / SPP and ShPP
- Completing end of period activities and reporting for Finance, including issuing of payslips and P45s, reconciliation of benefits and recovering overpayments.
- Submitting BACS payments and RTI
- Preparing and processing third party payments and responding to third party requests
- Resolving payroll queries from employees and the Finance department
- Carrying out payroll year end activities which include issuing P60s and P11Ds and ensuring that statutory changes have been implemented
- Co-ordinating payroll audit and providing data for tax returns
- Working to continuously improve processes and procedures and maintain documentation
- Ensuring that payroll documentation is handled and filed in line with GDPR requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience of running in-house payroll from start to finish
- Experience of maintaining a controlled, confidential environment
- Extensive up to date payroll knowledge to be able to independently resolve all payroll queries
- Efficient, organised working methods and a high degree of attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to satisfactorily resolve issues
- Good prioritisation, time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines while working under pressure
- Highly numerate with good written and verbal communication skills to explain complex issues to employees
- Team player with willing and enthusiastic approach, supporting other members of the team
- Good customer service skills, understanding customer needs and keeping customers informed
- MS Office skills with advanced Excel knowledge (pivot tables, Vlookup, if statements) and good knowledge of payroll systems
- Ability to analyse data and draw accurate conclusions
- Previous experience of processing P11Ds
- CIPP qualification
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, subsidised restaurant, free on-site parking, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer First, Respect for the Individual, Elimination of Waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No Recruitment Agencies**