Technical Support Analyst -Windows VMware Linux - Banking 32-36k
My client is a global software house based in Reading .
They have a role for a technical support analyst .
To provide exemplary technical support to customer base across a range of deployed and cloud payment solutions. The focus is on getting it right first time and striving to delight customers with each interaction.
- Support customers with diverse enquiries and provide high quality information at all times.
- Case management via phone, portal and email (logging, acknowledgements, updates and completion of all case notes).
- Case diagnosis and resolution; case routing where further levels of technical support are necessary; execution of correct escalation procedures when appropriate.
- Achieve a minimum of 90% of calls answered within 20 seconds and an abandoned call rate of less than 2%
- Crisis management support in the event of a Sev1 Critical incident.
- Working with customers, third parties and internal departments to diagnose and resolve all types of customer issues.
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate would have:
- At least two years’ experience in a Service Delivery or Technical Support role
- ITIL experience / qualification (Foundation or other)
- A demonstrable understanding of computers, with a focus on Windows servers and networks
- Experience of Windows server operating systems 2008+
- Experience of Desktop operating systems Windows 7 +
- Experience of Windows domains and Active Directory
- Experience of networking
- Understanding of diagnosis steps using MS Command Prompt
- Understanding of Linux/Unix (command line)
- Some knowledge of APIs
- Basic knowledge of MSSQL
o Understanding of SQL administration
o Use of SQL Management studio
o Understanding of simple SQL queries
o Understanding of DB and table structure
- Experience working with 3rd party software and software diagnosis
- A knowledge of Direct Debits or other similar banking processes (payments or collections) would be an advantage
- Formal training in computer science.