Junior IT Support Analyst
BCS Consulting - What we do
We are focused on delivering complex business change projects to clients in banking and financial markets across Finance, Risk, Operations and Technology.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we deliver the highest of standard and value to our customers. The pace is fast, the pressure strong and we take a huge amount of pride in what we stand for in a collaborative, supportive and energetic community.
We have an exciting opportunity in IT for a Junior Support Analyst based at our London office. This role sits within the Business Change function who support the ongoing development and growth of BCS.
Reporting directly to the IT Manager the role requires a self-motivated individual who will be able to take on responsibility for coordinating and maintaining the day to day technical functions for BCS computer systems. Supporting a user base of 160+ the Support Analyst needs to provide a high end service to all levels across the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to learn multiple technical disciplines, who enjoys supporting a demanding customer base and who wants to benefit from working for a company that is growing and continually adapting to new technology challenges and issues.
- Provide front line IT Support to internal staff (based in London and Peterborough) and to a distributed workforce of Management Consultants based at client site
- Record and maintain documentation on IT processes, hardware and software inventories, site configurations, licensing and user access and security
- Ensure all IT calls are logged and escalated appropriately and SLA’s adhered to
- Record and maintain documentation on IT processes, hardware and software inventories, site configurations licensing, user access and security
- Managing onsite IP telecom system
- Setting up mobile phones and using a mobile device management (MDM) system
- Ability to follow process and document this as appropriate
- Assistance in key strategic projects to keep the company’s technical environment in line with industry best practice
- Perform systems administration across a range of technologies as required
- Provide out-of-hours support for projects, events and critical problems where needed
- Documentation of System Problems and resolutions
- Travelling to Peterborough, City of London and Canary Wharf locations on a weekly basis and on an ad-hoc basis to client locations elsewhere in the UK
- Travelling to Peterborough and city and Canary Wharf locations on a weekly basis
Knowledge and Experience Required
Service desk or help desk experience
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Anti-virus, Networking and laptop/PC hardware
Skills and Attributes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- A positive and can do attitude
- A willingness to learn and improve
- A methodical and structured approach
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to maintain relationships with all levels of the business including Directors
- Able to present training materials to small groups of people
- An understanding and appreciation of Customer Services