SQL Database Developer
SQL Database Developer
Working for a leading Fintech (Financial Technology) organisation that has a global presence and based in South Manchester, the SQL Developer will develop, maintain and deliver the entire database reporting platform across all environments.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experiencing with SQL Server 2012/2016, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS packages and SSRS reports. They must be experienced in delivering high quality solutions within agreed timescales.
- Design, develop, test, implement, maintain and monitor existing reporting database reports as well as new database reports (enhancements, bug fixes, new report). This includes automated inbound data validation/processing as well out automated outbound data.
- Follow best proactive to write complex modular SQL/T-SQL queries in SQL server that are designed to not only deliver the report but also to perform to the best level possible.
- Find and fix bugs and performance issues in SQL-T-SQL queries
- Regular monitor agent jobs running across a multi-instance SQL environment
- Maintain an up to date, document of report definitions, report schedules, reporting procedures and other technical documents.
- Working on projects in conjunction with the development and test teams, including producing of new SQL objects, load/stress testing and the testing/rollout of new functionality.
Essential skills, experience and competencies
- Minimum of 2 years SQL Server Development experience
- Strong communication skills from all levels of the business, both technical and non-technical
- Strong teamwork skills, time management skills, ability to work off own initiative
- Strong experiencing in the use of SSRS/SSIS to develop new reports as well as troubleshoot existing reports.
- Flexible, highly organised and able to work to deadlines under pressure
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Database design (error handling, transactions, locking levels etc)
- Design and creation of Stored Procedures, Views, Functions for SQL Server 2012 and 2016
- Design within Database High Availability solutions (preferably SQL clusters with high availability groups)
- Experience of Database performance analysis
- Have gained Microsoft qualification, preferably to MCSE level
- Experience of SQL database warehousing, SSIS to develop BI environments.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recover options for Microsoft SQL, in particular SQL Always On availability groups
- Experience of SQL Transparent Database encryption with the use of HSM
- Experience of SQL 2016 deployment and administration
- Experience of creating, troubleshooting and maintaining PowerShell scripts
This opportunity offers a fantastic working environment, a bi-annual performance related bonus scheme & pension.