Junior Paralegal - Costs Team
We are now seeking to recruit a Junior Paralegal to join the Cost team based in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for bright individuals LLB/LPC qualified or already working in a similar type of role to work with an established team that offers full training, development and progression.
The Cost team provides expert direction in relation to all cost matters. Ranging from recovery through to negotiation, points of dispute, provisional assessments and detailed assessment hearings, our legal experts have a tenacious approach to cost saving. In particular, we are leading the way with the innovative use of technology to generate management information, resulting in robust, decisive recommendations for cost budgeting on both sides.
You will be a first point of contact for both internal and external clients and will support the operational team to ensure new instructions are allocated to the appropriate Costs Advisor, based on the value of the claim and their current caseload.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for a caseload of primarily litigated insurance costs work which will be a mix of RTA,EL/PL and Disease cases to include preparing points of dispute, replies, preparation of cost budgets and negotiations.
Main function of job:
- To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
- To allocate new internal and external instructions under supervision, to ensure costs cases are dealt with by an appropriate fee earner, to deal with internal and external customer enquiries and to provide support to the operational team and fee earners as and when required.
- To build strong working relationships with internal and external clients and the wider costs team.
What we are looking for:
• Good attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to use own initiative and work to strict deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Previous case handling experience is desirable however, not essential as full training will be given.
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have a legal qualification (e.g. LLB/ LPC.) coupled with some experience in an office environment dealing with a high volume of work and have excellent mediation and negotiation skills.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits.
If interested please apply and if you are successful a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.