An exclusive opportunity to Page Personnel, as an Accounts Assistant your role will be to assist with the day to day accounting functions. You will be processing high volume and value transactions in excess of £50m and have a key role within the accounts department contributing to the production of the monthly accounts.
Page Personnel are exclusively working with a well-established business in the Leisure, Travel and Tourism industry based in the Poole area. They are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the team, reporting to their Finance and Treasury Manager.
As an Accounts Assistant, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Reconciliation of numerous group Bank Accounts including foreign currency accounts.
- Managing and submitting the VAT and GST returns.
- General prepayment, barclaycard and petty cash management.
- Ability to post manual journals to P&L and control accounts.
- Understanding and processing of inter-company transactions.
- Resolving and clearing queries on the ledgers.
- Building relationships with purchasing teams and departments.
- Liaising with all staff levels.
- Keeping up with daily duties and controlling the flow of paperwork for signature.
- Compliance to authorisation processes.
To be successful in your application, you will be:
- Experienced within an Accounts role.
- Proactive in resolving queries.
- Ability to adhere to financial deadlines.
- Proven ability to reconcile Bank and Control accounts.
- A good communicator.
- A team player and willingness to learn new skills and develop with the company.
If you are successful, you can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits including Pension
- 20 Days Holiday (Plus bank holidays)
- Free Parking
- Mon-Fri Working Hours